Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Slow-Cooker Chicken Curry

One of my resolutions for the New Year was to try more new recipes. I love cooking and baking, but I found myself making the same things all the time.

I thought I might blog about the new recipes I try. Today's is from Jean Paré's "Company's Coming-Slow Cooker Recipes" cook book page 128.

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry

1 Cup Chopped Onion
2 Diced Medium Tomatoes
1 Chopped Medium Green Pepper

4 Cups Hot Water
3 Tbsp. Curry Powder
4 Tsp. Chicken Bouillon Powder
1 Tbsp. Ketchup
1 Tsp. Salt

1 1/2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves

Step 1: Add first three ingredients to Slow Cooker



Step 2: Mix next five ingredients in a bowl then pour into Slow Cooker





Step 3: Add Chicken and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Ideally, this dish should be served over rice.




This was a tasty dish. I thought the flavour was nice, especially with the rice. The chicken was nice and moist. The cook book suggests putting the broth in a gravy boat and pouring it over the rice and veggies. I found this made it a bit too watery. I would have liked the broth to have been thicker.

Rebecca's Rating- 3.5/5
Mitch's Rating- 4.25/5

Overall: 3.875/5

If you try any of my recipes please send me a review and a rating so I can include it in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment